Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jack Connell; 'There's Not a Time I Didn't Have Fun'


We Lost Santa This Week


Jack Connell was involved in a freak accident. For years he brightened the lives of children and adults alike being what he was...Santa.

To this hot dog conisseur the highlight of the day was lunch time. Day after day, thousands of times, I'd drive up to Jacks hot dog truck.  It would be parked on a gravel lot on Rt 66 in North Windham next to Joe Bousa's Garage which today is the car lot for Gate's GMC.
Two dogs, mustard, relish and onion, day after day after day.  Many days I'd drive back to Willimantic with a sore face.... from laughing....Jack never never stopped.

This mourning I received an email from Gina Riquier with a link to an article from the NY Times written by Robert Hamilton a former Willimantic Chronicle reporter and contributing writer to The Connecticut section of the NY Times. It was published on Chrismas Day, 1988. The title: Connecticut Q&A: Jack Connell; 'There's Not a Time I Didn't Have Fun'

I would have titled it: "Oh Santa"

Read it here  

No comments:

Post a Comment