Monday, April 1, 2013

Mayor ELDRIDGE MOVING ON UP

Taking on a Second Job

Windham Mayor Ernie Eldridge has announced that he will be taking on an extra job beginning  this month.  He will start his "dream job" working as a greeter at Burger King, here in Windham. The Mayor was kind enough to to talk with us:

Windham Week  A greeter, why?

Mayor Eldridge Well John, I've always considered myself a public relations type of guy. Being Mayor has made me an expert in the field. I feel I should take advantage and run with an asset that I am so blessed with.

Windham Week How do you go about getting a greeter's job? Do just walk in and apply?

Mayor Eldridge Oh no, not even close. Maybe in the early days, the infancy of greeting but no longer. Today greeting is a highly sophisticated business. I attended a mail  order university, The Greeting and Farewell University of Yonkers.

Windham Week The Greeting and Farewell University? What's the Farewell all about?

Mayor Eldridge I knew you would ask , everyone does. It's simple, you can do a greet but at the end you have to do a farewell...get it?

widhamweek How did you academically?

Mayor Eldridge Very good at greetings, not as good at farewells...I'm not good at goodbyes....I sorta get emotional

windhamweek So after graduation you applied for a greeter's job?

Mayor Eldridge No, I worked through G&FU's outplacement. Within three weeks I had three letters of interest from Wall-mart, BJ's and Berger King.

windhamweek Why did you go with Burger King?

Mayor Eldridge  Well, Wall-Mart and BJ's you have to check the shopper"s bag of merchandise against the cash register receipts in 30 seconds That was never my strong suit at University. There isn't any bag check at Burger King and even if there was I know the difference between a burger and fries.
At Burger King I can be kingly and look kingly. I've always had a penchant for outrageous cloths. At Burger King I can live my dream.

windhamweek And finally Mr Mayor what are your duties and responsibility's?

Mayor Eldridge  Of course greetings and farewells are at the top of the list. Kissing babies, cleaning spills and checking the restrooms  are also important. Finally, signage monitoring.

windhamweek What is signage monitoring?

Mayor Eldridge Standing on the street with signage.

windhamweek What does the signage say?

Mayor Eldridge  EAT HERE

windhamweek Thank you Mr. Mayor

Mayor Eldridge Thank you and John.....Happy April Fools Day















No comments:

Post a Comment